How to Format Bar Text in Microsoft Project
Text may be placed on all bars using the Format, Bar… form or selected bars using the Format, Bar Styles… form.
Note: The length of the Bar Chart may be reduced by placing the text on top of the bar instead of the end:
How to Format Bar Colors in MS Project
- Colors are formatted in a number of forms and there is no single form for formatting all colors:
- Nonworking time colors in the Gantt Chart are formatted in the Timescale form; double-click on the timescale.
- Text colors are formatted in the Text Styles and Font forms, found under the Format command.
- Gridline colors are formatted in the Gridlines form, also found under the Format command.
- Hyperlink colors are formatted under Tools, Options…, Edit tab.
- Timescale and Column Header colors are formatted with the system color scheme used in the Desktop, Start, Control Panel, Display option.
The Logic Lines, also known as Dependencies, Relationships, or Links, inherit their color from the predecessor’s bar color in the Gantt Chart view and may be formatted in the Network Diagram view by selecting Format, Layout….